0

Catalyst Wrap Up

Posted by Brian on 12:22 PM
The last few years have taught us the value and importance of cultivating the inner life in solitude, but there is something inspiring about 11,000 other believers worshipping in the same place. Makes one dream about heaven, and the power of millions around the throne of God.

For me, Catalyst is about being stretched and challenged spiritually. How do we reach a culture which for the most part has written the church and Christianity off? In a recent survey, over 80% of the American public associated Christianity first with anti-homosexuality. So when I introduce myself as a Christian, 8 out of 10 immediately assume I am one of the "haters". The current belief also seems to be that Christians are anti-environmental too. Nice place to start, eh? We are known far more for what we are against then what we are for, and that is sad.

I didn't agree with everything every speaker had to say, but I've been challenged to reconsider some of my own positions and think of ways to connect with a society which believes that Christianity is at best irrelevant and at worst, dangerous.

|

0 Comments

Copyright © 2009 briantology All rights reserved. Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive.