0

Road Trip: Catalyst

Posted by Brian on 10:06 PM
I've been to Catalyst twice before - once with my friend Darryl, and once with my brother Steve. This year, I really wanted to take my wife, as I've always said she would love it. So we're actually going this year! We left the girls with my folks near Harrisburg, PA, and took a few days for the leisurely drive to Atlanta (my and Lynn's definition of "leisurely" differs greatly, but that's another post).

I hope to blog through the two days we are there, hopefully from my seat in the arena. Will see how that goes, but keep your eye's posted.

Oh, yes. There is a third person in the car with us. Her name is Judy and she is from the UK. She is riding in a little small box stuck to our windshield, a Tom Tom Go 300. Charming, Judy is. And she never ceases to amaze us with her ability to track us (using 6-8 satellites) and guide us to where we need to be, even quickly recalculating when we deviate from her plan. She even suggested a hotel for us tonight!

When I first installed "Judy", the girls were amazed. From the time their young lips could form words, they have insisted on asking "are we there yet?" or, "when will be there?" Now they can just look at the display and see for themselves exactly where they are. Shaniah, knowing that Lynn would rather read than talk on long trips, said, "that's great Dad. Now you have someone to talk too."

|

0 Comments

Copyright © 2009 briantology All rights reserved. Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive.