0

Archeologists call 'Lost Tomb of Jesus' a publicity stunt

Posted by Brian on 2:37 PM
Do you think?

"I'm not a Christian. I'm not a believer. I don't have a dog in this fight,'' said William Dever, who has been excavating ancient sites in Israel for 50 years and is widely considered the dean of biblical archaeology among U.S. scholars. "I just think it's a shame the way this story is being hyped and manipulated," he said Tuesday.

"I've known about these ossuaries for many years and so have many other archaeologists, and none of us thought it was much of a story, because these are rather common Jewish names from that period,'' he said. "It's a publicity stunt, and it will make these guys very rich, and it will upset millions of innocent people because they don't know enough to separate fact from fiction.''

|

0 Comments

Copyright © 2009 briantology All rights reserved. Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive.