0

Liquidation

Posted by Brian on 8:14 PM
We've just had a few weeks enjoying the company of vacationing friends, twenty in all, making sure they all got picked up from the airport, dropped off at their villa, entertained while they were here, and returned to the airport. They were even here to help us celebrate our official entrance into mid-life on the 21st!

For the most part the weather was great, right up until a week ago when the afternoon and evening torrential rains began. It is rainy season (coinciding with the northern winter) so none of us should have been surprised, but the sheer volume has been remarkable! I'm sure we've had four to six inches every night (12 feet of snow if it had been a bit colder).

One casualty of the water has been my main video camera. I have had it in damp places before (Costa Rica and New Zealand), but last Thursdays trek into the rain forest was too much for it. Five days of hair-dryers and silica pouches have not brought it back to life. So I'm looking for a repair center in the DR that can get it taken care of quickly. I need it for a major shoot in Australia in less than a month! This may have been the "push" I needed to get into a high-definition camera.

Fortunately, I have my trusty little Handicam to complete some pressing projects, but the tropical climate finally got the best of me!

|

0 Comments

Copyright © 2009 briantology All rights reserved. Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive.