0

Spiritual ROI?

Posted by Brian on 11:10 AM
Nothing, in my book, is as disappointing as potential that is never realized. Whether it be a childhood dream that never materializes, a business idea that never gains traction, or an extremely gifted person that never did anything with what he or she was given - the frustration of thinking about what might have been often keeps me (and my wife) awake at night!

It's no secret, at least to anyone who has known me, that I tend to be a dreamer. I have registered at least a dozen domain names in the hopes that I might so something with them someday. I have started two businesses that achieved modest success. In ministry terms, I was willing to try almost anything. Lynn and I walked to the edge of the earth (well, the continent, anyway) and jumped. All because I had this gnawing, Spirit-driven sense that if we didn't, we would look back with regret over what might have been.

I have recently been trying to raise funds for a specific project. The investors I have talked to are very interested in the ROI, or "return on investment". If they put in "x" dollars, what can they expect to receive for their investment?

This gets to the heart of our look at "responsibility" this week - God has given you and I skills, gifts and resources, and has said, "Go. Do something with it. I'll be back to check on you." His great expectation is that we will indeed do something, that we won't sit on the opportunities for the usual reasons - fear, nervousness, faithlessness - but that we will make Him glad by being good managers.

In a sense, God has made an incredible investment in you - He created you, gave you specific gifts and talents, and blessed you with resources. At great personal expense, He sent his Son to redeem you and give your life purpose. What will be the return on that investment?

Try answering the following questions...

1) What has God entrusted to you? Talents, abilities, time, resources?

2) What are you doing with that investment?

3) Think of a few things that God might commend you for when he returns to check on his investment.

|

0 Comments

Copyright © 2009 briantology All rights reserved. Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive.